Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!

For the past few years, my New Year's Resolution was to get published. In 2008, I did! Now, I suppose it's time to find a new resolution. This year, I've decided to start making writing goals for myself, spreading them out over the year at intervals I can accomplish.

I think this time of year is the perfect time for us all as writers to reflect on our past years, our successes, failures, and progress made with our careers. Today, I'll share some of my writing successes with you. Tomorrow, I'll make a list of what I hope to accomplish in 2009.

In 2008, I:

Published a picture book
Met Naomi Shihab Nye
Completed my thesis, my very first YA novel
Got my MFA!


Happy New Year, everyone! Let's make 2009 a productive one.

3 comments:

Rena Jones said...

You accomplished some pretty big things in 2008. I hope 2009 is just as successful for you!

Deb Hockenberry said...

Happy 2009! I hope that you make all of your goals this year!

Janet, said...

Hi, I just found your site. I came over from Deb's sight. That's great that you had a picture book published. That is my dream, I have written quite a few of them, but none have been published. The hardest part is finding a publisher that will even look at something if you don't have an agent, so I keep putting off sending in the manuscripts. Contratulations!